By National Council on Radiation Protection
Read Online or Download Induction of Thyroid Cancer by Ionizing Radiation (N C R P Report) PDF
Similar toxicology books
A transparent, elementary source to steer you thru preclinical drug developmentFollowing this book's step by step tips, you could effectively begin and entire severe levels of preclinical drug improvement. The publication serves as a basic,comprehensive connection with prioritizing and optimizing leads, toxicity, pharmacogenomics, modeling, and laws.
Providing the newest examine in glial mobile functionality gleaned from new suggestions in imaging and molecular biology, The position of Glia in Neurotoxicity, moment version covers a number of facets of glial cells, together with morphology, body structure, pharmacology, biochemistry, pathology, and their involvement within the pathophysiology of neurological illnesses.
Content material: sturdy animal husbandry perform and residues within the usa / Lester M. Crawford -- Human health and wellbeing dangers linked to drug residues in animal-derived meals / S. F. Sundlof and J. Cooper -- customer perceptions and matters approximately veterinary drug residues / Christine M. Bruhn -- eu Union regulatory residue research of veterinary medications : a strategic method / R.
- Particle-Lung Interactions, Second Edition
- Analytical toxicology for clinical, forensic, and pharmaceutical chemists
- Principles of biochemical toxicology
- Ultra low doses: Biological and clinical applications
- India's Open-Economy Policy: Globalism, Rivalry, Continuity
- The Design of Air Quality Monitoring Networks
Additional resources for Induction of Thyroid Cancer by Ionizing Radiation (N C R P Report)
6. Experience with Iodine-125 Iodine-125 is used extensively in radioassay techniques for both research and clinical purposes. It has also been used occasionally in the past for treatment of hyperthyroid states. Thyroid cancer following human thyroidal exposure to large amounts of 1251 has not been reported. This may reflect, in part, the small numbers of such subjects available for study and short followup times. Therefore, it is necessary to look a t results from animal studies and a t non-malignant effects in man.
Under these conditions, the initial activity in the thyroid responsible for producing this total dose would depend upon the individual radioisotope. 1E provides the results for a value of the total dose equal to 100 rads. 1A-Thyroid to thyroid S values, physical half lives, and effective hay times Rsdionuclide S Valuea (rad/&i. ~ Effectwe Half Time in the Thymid -Tc '='I 'I '"I ' SI '"I ' 9 '"I 'From (Snyder, 1976) with the exception of that for '"I which was determined directly from the '"I: Nuclear Data Sheets (1975).
4 million person-rad-years with an estimated spontaneous rate of clinically detectable thyroid cancer of about 3. 69 cases per million person per rad per year for children and adults respectively. 05. In fact, no excess cancers were determined to be present. The calculation in the case of children is less certain due to the small numbers and lack of precise information regarding their actual spontaneous rate of thyroid cancer as they reach adult life. Thus, in summary, I3'I appears less carcinogenic in people on a radfor-rad basis than external radiation.
Induction of Thyroid Cancer by Ionizing Radiation (N C R P Report) by National Council on Radiation Protection