By J. Tejchman
This e-book provides numerical simulations of shear localization in granular fabrics utilizing a hypoplastic constitutive version more advantageous by way of a attribute size of the micro-structure within the type of an average grain diameter. because of the presence of the attribute size, the boundary price difficulties are well-posed, the numerical effects are mesh-independent (load-displacement diagrams, spacing and thickness of shear zones), and a deterministic measurement influence concerning the ratio among a median grain diameter and specimen dimension is captured.
A entire exposition of the hypoplastic constitutive equation and its extension in the framework of the micro-polar continuum are supplied. difficulties simulated contain: aircraft pressure compression, monotonic and cyclic shearing of an unlimited lengthy layer, direct and easy shearing, direct shearing alongside constitution wall, sandpile, strip beginning and earth strain. a few demanding difficulties are mentioned, e.g. wall boundary stipulations, non-coaxiality and stress-dilatancy rule, and textural anisotropy. furthermore, deterministic and statistical measurement results are investigated.
Read Online or Download Shear Localization in Granular Bodies with Micro-Polar Hypoplasticity PDF
Best nonfiction_4 books
From the experiences: “This is an updated evaluate of the present knowing of irritation, the mechanisms wherein it impacts sickness, and the function of anti inflammatory drugs referring to COX-2 and its inhibition. … Physicians and researchers with a specific curiosity within the present examine and knowing of irritation and COX-2 inhibition are the meant readers.
During this book a roadmap on Ambient Assisted residing (AAL) is gifted. it's produced by way of the eu Ambient Assisted dwelling Innovation Alliance, or AALIANCE undertaking, funded below the seventh ecu Framework Programme. within the first bankruptcy new constructing developments in AAL are checked out from various views and limitations to their implementation are mentioned.
- Living Ultimate Bicycle Book (DK Living)
- Practical PC , 6th Edition
- Total Landscape Care 200906 issue 2009.06
- Peter Saul and Mary Limited
- Funding effectiveness: lessons in building nonprofit capacity
Additional resources for Shear Localization in Granular Bodies with Micro-Polar Hypoplasticity
18. Shear zones observed in experiments (radiograhs and schematically): a) during active wall rotation around the top (Lord 1969) and b) during active wall rotation around the bottom (Smith 1972) from Leśniewska (2000) Fig. 19. Formation of shear zones in the passive case from X-radiographs (Gudehus and Schwing 1986) Literature Overview on Experiments a) 27 b) Fig. 20. 22, the results of the author’s experiments on the formation of shear zones in passive and active cases are shown (Tejchman 1997).
39. X-radiographs of funnel flow in hoppers (Baxter and Behringer 1990) 44 Literature Overview on Experiments them. This process repeated itself until the zones reached the free boundary in the converging hopper or the transition zone in the parallel-converging silo. In the case of a funnel flow silo, the curvilinear dilatant zones in the material core were almost symmetric about a vertical mid-line. Some of them propagated upwards or crossed each other. The rapture zone occurred mainly in sands with rough grains.
A) b) Fig. 3. 5. It turns out that the failure surface does not coincide with a bound of the accessible stress states (some stress paths may surpass the failure surface). 6. 52 Theoretical Model a) b) Fig. 4. Response envelopes (a) for different axially symmetric stretching units (b) (Bauer 1996) Fig. 5. Response envelopes of a hypoplastic constitutive equation (Wu and Niemunis 1997) Fig. 6. g. 7a) can lie beyond the failure surface. 7). At the point A, the stress path was changed following the path A⇒B.
Shear Localization in Granular Bodies with Micro-Polar Hypoplasticity by J. Tejchman