By Bharat B. Aggarwal
So much therapeutics to be had this day are hugely poisonous, very dear and show minimal efficacy. the difficulty of toxicity is much more serious for prevention than for treatment as the former comprises general matters. therefore, therapeutics which are secure and cheap are wanted for either prevention and remedy. Spices of Southeast Asian foundation, as soon as hired for flavor, visual appeal and maintenance of nutrients, now seem to have healing worth for people. What the energetic ideas in those spices are and the way they mediate their impression opposed to quite a few illnesses are commencing to emerge from wide learn performed in the final half-century. the present monograph is an try and handle the energetic ingredients, their molecular goals and the healing makes use of of those spices.
Read or Download Molecular Targets and Therapeutic Uses of Spices: Modern Uses for Ancient Medicine PDF
Best toxicology books
A transparent, simple source to lead you thru preclinical drug developmentFollowing this book's step by step tips, you could effectively start up and whole serious levels of preclinical drug improvement. The booklet serves as a basic,comprehensive connection with prioritizing and optimizing leads, toxicity, pharmacogenomics, modeling, and laws.
Providing the newest study in glial mobilephone functionality gleaned from new strategies in imaging and molecular biology, The position of Glia in Neurotoxicity, moment version covers a number of points of glial cells, together with morphology, body structure, pharmacology, biochemistry, pathology, and their involvement within the pathophysiology of neurological ailments.
Content material: strong animal husbandry perform and residues within the usa / Lester M. Crawford -- Human well-being hazards linked to drug residues in animal-derived meals / S. F. Sundlof and J. Cooper -- customer perceptions and matters approximately veterinary drug residues / Christine M. Bruhn -- ecu Union regulatory residue research of veterinary medicinal drugs : a strategic technique / R.
- Small Animal Toxicology
- Handbook of copper pharmacology and toxicology
- Radiological Risk Assessment and Environmental Analysis
- Advances in Pharmacology
- Chemical Evolution: The Biological System of the Elements
- Resolving Erroneous Reports in Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: A Comprehensive Guide
Additional info for Molecular Targets and Therapeutic Uses of Spices: Modern Uses for Ancient Medicine
19. “Coriander” (1989). In: Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Ed. Oxford University Press. 20. Chadwick J (1976). The Mycenaean World. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, p. 119. 21. Uchibayashi M (2001). The coriander story. Yakushigaku Zasshi. 36(1): 56–57. 22. Emamghoreishi M, Khasaki M and Aazam MF (2005). Coriandrum sativum: Evaluation of its anxiolytic effect in the elevated plus-maze. J. Ethnopharmacol. 96(3): 365–370. 23. Reuter J, Huyke C, Casetti F, Theek C, Frank U, Augustin M and Schempp C (2008) Anti-inflammatory potential of a lipolotion containing coriander oil in the ultraviolet erythema test.
58 It is also known as kunyit (Indonesian and Malay), besar (Nepali) and haldi or pasupu in some Asian countries. In Assamese it is called halodhi. In medieval Europe, turmeric became known as Indian saffron, since it is widely used as an alternative to the far more expensive saffron spice. g. qxd 4/24/2009 3:59 PM Page 19 Traditional Uses of Spices: An Overview Stress & tension 19 Rheumatism Body ache Colic inflammation Skin diseases Ulcers Stomach disorders Dental diseases Intestinal worms Amenorrhoea Fevers Leukoderma Hepatic diseases Inflammation Dyspepsia Urinary diseases Fig.
Ind. J. Gastroenterol. 19(2): 53–56. 4. Szallasi A (2005). Piperine: Researchers discover new flavor in an ancient spice. Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 26(9): 437–439. 5. Duke JA, Bogenschutz-Godwin MJ, deCellier J and Duke PK (2003). Piper nigrum L. (Piperaceae) Black pepper, in CRC Handbook of Medicinal Spices, CRC Press, Washington DC, pp. 253–263. 6. Ballabh B, Chaurasia OP, Ahmed Z and Singh SB (2008). Traditional medicinal plants of cold desert Ladakh-used against kidney and urinary disorders. J.
Molecular Targets and Therapeutic Uses of Spices: Modern Uses for Ancient Medicine by Bharat B. Aggarwal