By Charles Gregg Singer
Read Online or Download The Unholy Alliance: The Definitive History of the National Council of Churches and Its Leftist Policies - From 1908 to the Present PDF
Best history_1 books
Through the Nineteen Twenties, China's intellectuals known as for a brand new literature, a brand new approach of notion and new orientation in the direction of sleek lifestyles. generally called the might Fourth stream or the hot tradition move, this highbrow momentum spilled past China into the abroad chinese language groups. This paintings analyzes the hot tradition circulation from a diaspora point of view, particularly that of the in a foreign country chinese language in Singapore.
Whereas there's now renewed curiosity within the heritage of Athens less than the Roman empire, the Augustan and Julio-Claudian sessions stay quite missed by way of prolonged research. therefore the single complete ancient works at the interval and its epigraphy stay these of Paul Graindor, which have been released sooner than the invention of the Athenian Agora and its epigraphical wealth.
Novela documental sobre Karl Marx, su vida, su obra, su familia, su entorno, su época. .. y su hijo ilegítimo.
- War and Politics in Ireland, 1649-1730
- A Critical History of English Literature: The Restoration to the Present Day v. 2
- Hearts Exposed: Transplants and the Media in 1960s Britain (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History)
- IEEE standard 1800-2009 for SystemVerilog--unified hardware design, specification, and verification language
- History of the Philippine Islands volume 1 and 2
Extra info for The Unholy Alliance: The Definitive History of the National Council of Churches and Its Leftist Policies - From 1908 to the Present
79. A complete discussion of the Council’s relation to communism will be discussed in chapter eight. 85 nomic philosophy on the other. But it is also necessary to point out that there was a strong desire for the Council to reflect and to SUPport the historic private morality of historic Christianity. This dichotomy appears repeatedly in its various resolutions on the sanctity of the home, its pronouncements against pornography and the evils of the motion-picture industry, and its strong emphasis on sexual purity and the holiness of the marriage bond.
Sb This declaration modestly admitted that it was not the task of the church to detail the political methods and institutions by which the scourge of war was to be banished; this was the task of statesmen. It insisted, however, that it was the right and duty of the churches to declare in no uncertain terms the moral principles that are involved in international life and to insist that “our lawmakers and all those who represent the nation in its international relations shall observe these principles with the utmost care.
Like Congressman Free, he later retracted his charge. It is difficult to discover just what pressures, if any, were brought to bear upon these two men. Yet each withdrew his charge. These early attempts to link the Federal Council with radical political groups did not meet with much popular response either within the constituent denominations or from the American public at large. pp To what extent were those ~arly criticisms justified? There could be little doubt that communism had infiltrated into the Federal Council at an early date in its history.
The Unholy Alliance: The Definitive History of the National Council of Churches and Its Leftist Policies - From 1908 to the Present by Charles Gregg Singer