By Higher Education McGraw-Hill, Curriculum Technology
Felony legislation for Paralegals deals scholars a thrilling method to find out about many various crimes and their parts, starting with the various assets of felony legislations and continuing all over to the final step of a felony trial, “Sentencing and put up Trial Procedures.” The textual content has various integrated, hands-on assignments with a number of workouts and situations to assist the coed examine and luxuriate in the learn of felony legislations. The Paralegal Supersite website
Read Online or Download McGraw-Hill's Criminal Law for Paralegals PDF
Best law books
Capital Punishment examines the controversy round the demise penalty, elevating questions and trying to supply an even-handed exam of this arguable perform. The authors mix research of vital concerns with excerpts from landmark criminal judgements, vital records, survey effects, and empirical facts.
The first a part of the booklet discusses the origins of the dying penalty and lines its improvement from antiquity to modern instances. specific statistical information regarding capital punishment is gifted and mentioned, and the demise penalty is taken into account opposed to a constitutional backdrop with a number of arguments—for and against—articulated. the second one a part of the ebook includes 3 appendices. the 1st appendix provides an annotated checklist of vital capital-punishment circumstances; the second one offers a extra common chronological therapy of capital punishment; and the 3rd offers a bibliographic essay directing readers to different appropriate resources of curiosity. an intensive and insightful remedy, Capital Punishment offers either a precis of the present country of capital punishment and a dialogue of parts of constant controversy.
Warren's sorts of Agreements is an 8-volume set which includes quite a few well-defined, well-prefaced types masking approximately each transaction that an legal professional will come across in a enterprise perform. The set serves as either a felony reference source and a necessary drafting device. each one bankruptcy includes introductory fabric that gives felony and useful historical past details referring to the actual topic, by way of whole kinds and particular clauses.
Inner most legislations is a well-known and pervasive phenomenon. It applies our private intuitions approximately own accountability and justice to the valuables we personal and use, to the wounds we inflict or steer clear of, and to the contracts which we make or holiday. the belief of personal legislation deals a brand new manner of realizing this phenomenon.
Comprising unique essays written by way of best criminal students, this cutting edge quantity is the main accomplished assortment up to now of self sufficient educational paintings exploring the connection among tax, legislations and improvement. members hide a variety of tax concerns, drawing on financial, political, social, and institutional views to supply a complete view of ways tax legislation have an effect on and are tormented by human fiscal improvement.
- In Brown's Wake: Legacies of America's Educational Landmark (Law and Current Events Masters)
- Aquaculture Law and Policy : Struggling in the Wake of the Blue Revolution : Introduction
- Estate Planning: A Plain English Guide to Wills and Trusts
- Transnational Public Governance: Networks, Law and Legitimacy
- Paralegal Today: The Essentials
- Smith and Keenan's Company Law, 14th Edition
Additional resources for McGraw-Hill's Criminal Law for Paralegals
13. a positive or negative act in violation of penal law. 15. a crime of a graver or more serious nature than those designated as misdemeanors. 16. the accused in a criminal case. 17. an act or behavior that gravely violates the sentiment or accepted standard of the community. 18. restoring a person to his or her former capacity. DOWN 1. the facts proven, must by virtue of their probative force, establish guilt. 2. to deprive a person of his liberty by legal authority. 3. – administrative step taken after an arrested person is brought to the police station, which involves entry of the person’s name, the crime for which the arrest was made, and other relevant facts on the police blotter.
4. If he cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for him if he so desires. ) Despite the fact that the Miranda warnings mention a right to counsel, failure by law enforcement to give the warnings constitutes a violation of the defendant’s Fifth Amendment right to be free from compelled self-incrimination. This right is different from a person’s right to counsel that is contained in the Sixth Amendment. An accused does not have to be questioned without representation during the questioning.
Also, if the officers have obtained a valid search warrant to search the premises for contraband, then that warrant enables the officers to detain occupants of the premises while conducting the search. Search with a Warrant Generally, the police must have a warrant to conduct a search unless it falls within one of the exceptions to the warrant requirement. A warrant must be based upon a showing of probable cause. Law enforcement officers must submit to a magistrate an affidavit that sets forth the circumstances necessary to facilitate the magistrate to make a determination that probable cause exists independent of the law enforcement officers’ assumption.
McGraw-Hill's Criminal Law for Paralegals by Higher Education McGraw-Hill, Curriculum Technology